Between the black and white,
Lies a multitude of colors.
White, refracted through the prism of
thoughts, emotions, feelings, experiences.
Leaving the prism to dissolve into nothingness.
Into the black.
Rendering the story irrelevant.
What remains is the outcome,
to be felt.
Welcome to my color palette.
- 'Migrants & Identity' - exhibited in group show titled 'The Immigrant Show' at Casa del Tunel - Centro de Arte y Cultura, Tijuana, Mexico hosted by NFIA - La Fundacion Nacional de Artistas Independientes (ongoing).
- 'The Mayan Prophecy' - a mural painted on the border wall between Tijuana and San Diego as part of the 'Mural de
Hermanidad' initiative by Mexican artist Enrique Chiu (ongoing).
- 'Fragile Dreams' - mixed media exhibited in a group show RESTORE at the Middletown Art Center, California, USA
- A series of acrylic paintings at Cafe Carvalho, Cusco Peru (ongoing)
- A series of acrylic paintings at Lili of the Valley Cafe, Pisac, Peru
Publications / Articles
- My 12 Moon Journal: A Guided Journal for Creative Self-Exploration', Paperback available on Amazon.
- 'My 12 Moon Journal Guidebook: A Guide for Creative Self-Exploration, eBook for Kindle available on Amazon.
- 'ZenLife Journal no.1' by Julie Diem, featuring 13 of my artworks available on Amazon.
- 'ZenLife Notebook no.1' by Julie Diem, featuring 13 of my artworks now available on Amazon.
- Poetries 'My Sacred Tool' and 'Naked', published in RESTORE - a chapbook of poems from 20 poets and authors - by Middletown Art Center, California, USA.
Article 'Where are you from?' - Published on YourLifeIsATrip.com, a website for experiential storytelling and narrative travel writing.
- Handmade paper making using local and regional materials with Maestro Enrique Ramirez at Taller de Papel Artesanal, Oaxaca, Mexico
- Frescoes With Maestro Jesus Gonzalez Guiterrez at Escuela de Muralismo, Oaxaca, Mexico
- Making natural pigments with Maestro Jose Manuel Loera Fernandez at Tlapanochestli Colorantes Naturales, Oaxaca, Mexico
- Making natural textile dyes with Swiss textile designer Stefanie Salzmann at Centro de las Artes de San Agustin, Oaxaca, Mexico
- Life Sketching at IAGO, an institute founded by Maestro Francisco Toledo in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Paper Collage Art with Collage Artist Douglas Devivo at Blue Door Art Gallery and Studio, Guerneville, CA
- Conceptualize and beginThe Body Stories - An Art and Narrative Series
- Live Model Sketching with artist Pranoto Ahmad Raji at his studio in Bali, Indonesia
- Workshop in neo-amazonian art in the style created by Pablo Amaringo at Usko Ayar School of Arts, Pucallpa, Peru
- Abstract art practice with Artist Hines, San Rafael, California
- Osho Art Therapy Training as created by Meera Hashimoto, Bilboa, Spain
- Summer school at Bellas Artes School of Fine Arts, Cusco, Peru
- Summer school at the Heatherly School of Fine Arts, London, UK
- Croqui workshop in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Yantra Art as a tool for meditation in the technique of Harish Johari from Haridwar, India and taught by with Peter Welteverde from Netherlands.
Bhavana has about 20 years of work experience in the field of Software Technology which enabled her to live and work in the Silicon Valley of California and in EU, exposing her to the flavors, tastes and sensibilities of different cultures in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa.
Her LinkedIn profile will provide more details on this aspect of her professional career.